I strive for and beleive in; that the relatively new domain of patient safety is moving to the forefront of health care as a critical concern shared by health care providers as well as regulators, accrediting bodies and patients. Twenty first century healthcare need the research and scientific study in patient safety while educating the masses on the basics of the patient safety is paramount to achieve a safe care across the continum. The bottom line for the organization and the individuals providing health care services to patients and their families is “do no harm.” This is as true for everyone today as it was for Hippocrates centuries ago. Even though I am advocating the cause of the patient safety, I still feel there is so much work to be done in changing the culture and just getting that information out-the job is never-ending.
“I think I can state that patient safety is probably the one area where we would all agree that we should be cooperating and not competing each other.
• One year Leadership Fellowship in patient safety from American Hospital Association-NPSF, Chicago USA
• Chapter Leader and Faculty Advisor; Institute of Healthcare Improvement Cambridge USA
• Ph. D in Management of Healthcare Supply Chain for Reducing Mortality and Cost to Improve the Patient
Care and Safety - Amity University Nodia, NCR Delhi.
ADVOCATED PATIENT SAFETY ON THE BELOW PLATEFORM AS FACULTY
• 18th Asia-Pacific Congress of Critical Care Medicine. 2014
• 20th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine. 2014
• 2nd Annual Conference of Critical Care Nurses Society Jaipur. 2014
• 61st Annual National Conference of ISACON Guwahati . 2013
• 19th Annual Congress of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine & ICC Congress Kolkata. 2013.
• 15th Annual National Conference of International Trauma Care. Hyderabad. 2012.
• 59th Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Anesthesiologists. Mumbai 2011.
• 17TH Annual Congress of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine. N Delhi 2011
• 16th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine & International Critical Care Congress. Hyderabad. 2010
• Critical Care Medicine SPS Apollo Ludhiana. Punjab January 2010
AWARDS AND APPRECIATIONS
• Received Academy of Hospital Administration SASH 2014 award on Safe and Sustainable Hospital - 2014
• Received Presidential Citation award from Dr Narendra Rangta, President of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine on Patient Safety - 2014
• Received the best Technology and Innovation award for Hamilton Medical AG from Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine-2014
• Rewarded for Research on Patient Safety from 15th Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Anesthesiologist - 2012
• Received the award for contribution towards Advanced Mechanical Ventilation by Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care & Indian Society of Anesthesiologist - 2011 • Received Certificate of Appreciation from World Congress of Pediatric Surgery on Patient Care Safety, HIV & Critical Care - 2010
• Successfully given the Poster Presentation on Man, Medicine and Machine at National Patient safety Foundation Florida USA during the Annual Congress of Patient Safety -2014
• Indian Patient Safety Organization (IPSO) (www.ipso.org.in)
• Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM) (www.isccm.org)
• Indian Confederation For Healthcare Accreditation (ICHA) (www.icha.in)
• Quality Council of India (QCI) (www.qcin.org)
• Technology and Error: A Part of the Healthcare Delivery System Publication : Journal of Research in Medical Education and Ethics India 2011
• Human Factors to Minimize the Human Error and Improving Patient Safety Publication : Indian Journal of Applied Research 2012
• A Study of Mental and Physical Fatigue Causing Medical Error by Medical Fraternity International Conference of Emerging Trends and Developments in Science, Management and Technology 2013
• Study and Analysis of Factors responsible for Medical Error in Concern to Patient Safety
• e-Vaani: An International Journal of Research in Management & IT 2013
• Revolutionary Approaches of Health Care Industry in 21st Century: Study in Reference to Medical Error and Patient Care”, Published in I.T.S. Journal of I.T. & Management
• Management of Patient Critically at the Hospital : A Study in Reference to Second Opinion. Published By ITS Ghaziabad, 2013
• Written a book on patient safety and quality care for healthcare workers due to be published by the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine Bangalore - 2015
Membership is open to anyone who works directly or indirectly to support and improve the safety of patients. Our members represent a variety of different occupations and professional backgroundsBecome Member